Explore the Benefits of Owning a Vacuum:
- What else can you clean with a vacuum besides floors and carpets? Find out in Vacuum Cleaning Tips - What to Clean With Your Vacuum and learn about hidden dirt and allergens.
- Benefits of a Stick Vacuum and best uses for this handy cleaning tool.
Some vacuum cleaner models look very similar yet prices vary considerably. Be informed and learn how to buy a vacuum so you can be satisfied with your purchase.
- Before You Buy a Vacuum will explain some of the key vacuum designs, features and components.
- How to Buy a Vacuum - Video provides visual tips on how to approach a vacuum purchase.
- If your home has pets, a regular vacuum may not be adequate to clean all the hair and dander that comes along with pet ownership. Learn why a pet vacuum is a better choice in Buying a Vacuum for a Home With Pets
- Want to save money on a vacuum? Buying a used or reconditioned model can be a budget stretcher and knowing How to Buy a Used Vacuum can help you get good value for your money.
- Why do vacuums have such a wide range of prices and which features do you want to pay for? Find out in Vacuum Prices & What Influences Their Cost.
- Compare Prices of Vacuums to help you stay on budget.
- Check Vacuum Reviews - see what consumers are saying about certain models.
- Upright or canister, stick or sweeper vacuum, learn key factors about each type of vacuum in Vacuum Types - Which is Best for You?
- Unsure whether you want an upright or canister model? Upright vs Canister Vacuums looks at the main differences so you can chose the right one.
- The idea of a robot is very appealing. After all, don't they do it all? Learn what a robotic vacuum can and cannot do in Before You Buy a Robotic Vacuum.
- Vacuums & Floor Care for cleaning tips and other floor care products.
- Is a power head really worth the extra cost? Find out in:
What's a Vacuum Powerhead?
Vacuum Powerhead Basics
- There are pros and cons to each type, learn the differences in Vacuum Bags vs Bagless Models
- Nano-Silver Technology
This bacteria-fighting technology is not new, but it has recently been incorporated into some vacuum models.
- HEPA Filtration
This type of dust filtration is essential to reducing allergens. Find out what it is and how it works.
- Halo Vacuums
Learn about the specific anti-bacterial technologies used in the Halo brand.
- Oreck's IntelliShield Technology
Read about Oreck's enhanced vacuum performance design.
- Dyson's Root Cyclone Technology
This performance design improves Dyson vacuums' suction power - learn how it differs from other brands.
- Hoover's Wind Tunnel Design
Learn how this type of vacuum power improves Hoover vacuums' ability to clean.
While most canister or upright vacuums come with a one year warranty, it's not unusual to find some brands like Dirt Devil or Electrolux models to have two year coverage, with some manufacturers offering even longer periods - 5 years for Dyson, and 3-10 years for Oreck vacuums. Central vacuums tend to have an even wider range of warranty periods and coverage varies for different components. It's a good idea to read your warranty policy as not all parts will be included and in certain cases, a longer coverage may be provided for sealed units than for other parts.
When the purchase cost of a vacuum is high but warranty coverage is low, you may want to consider an extended service contract which may save you money in the event of breakdowns.
Pros & Cons of Extended Warranties & Service Contracts
- Can Excessive Vacuuming Harm My Carpet?
Find out if vacuuming is good or bad for your carpets.
- What's the Difference Between Carpet Cleaners and Vacuums?
They both have suction power, but are designed for different cleaning situations. Learn how they differ and why you may want to have one of each type.
- What are Robot Vacuums?
Your robot vacuum needs your help. Find out how you can help this cleaning appliance do a good job.
- What are Vacuum CRI Green Labels?
Find out what Green Label vacuums have that others don't.
With a little care your new vacuum will operate to maximum potential and last longer. Learn a few tips to prevent costly repair bills and where to find help when you need it.
- Vacuum TLC Gone Wrong - How NOT to Care for Your Vacuum.
Read only if you want to extend the life of your vacuum.
- Why shouldn't you hang the vacuum hose on a hook and what can make the vacuum's wheels scratch the floor? Find the answers and more in Vacuum Care Tips
- When you have a problem and your vacuum's warranty period has expired, you can often find troubleshooting assistance and parts from Appliance Repair Resources
- Benefits of Changing Filters
Learn how to your appliances can operate more efficiently with a simple filter change.
- Where to Find Replacement Vacuum Bags
Placing the wrong size of dust bag in your vacuum might save you money, but it can have a negative impact on your vacuum. Find out why you should only use the correct dust bags.
- When to Change Vacuum Cleaner Bags
Why you shouldn't wait till your vacuum chokes before changing the dust bag.
- You can give your iRobot vacuum a custom look with Robot Skins
- Learn what a Robotic Vacuum is and what to look for when buying one in Robotic Vacuum Resources
- Learn how to Clear the Path for Your Robot Vacuum so it can work more effectively.