Many designs exist in the marketplace to suit various needs, with the tall models providing great storage potential. The upper cupboards are ideally suited for stemware, glassware or special serving pieces.
Before you go shopping, here are some things to consider:
- Microwave compartment size - that it will be adequate for your model. Are you planning on upgrading to a larger size in the future? Allow enough room if this is a possibility.
- Decide on a location for your soon-to-be-acquired stand, and jot down the maximum available height, depth and width measurements.
- Microwave carts can generally fit in small spaces and corners.
- Now, go shopping - scan what's available and decide on a style to suit your decor.
- If you're looking for storage for your stemware, ensure that the cupboards either have adjustable shelving, or have adequate height.
- Check for quality of construction and hinges. How well do the doors open and close, or the drawer slide out?
- Does it come assembled? Many do not, and you'll need to be prepared for this project.
- Is delivery available or are you picking up this new piece? There may be a delivery charge to consider.
- Once home, make note of the design model, just in case you decide to add more pieces to your dining and kitchen area in the future.