The Bottom Line
- Large capacity means washing fewer loads
- Extra rinse option is nice
- Water level sensors
- Top load convenience yet high efficiency
- Nice style, large window
- No steam feature
- Maytag Bravos X™ High Efficiency Top Load MVWX700 available in White or Lunar Silver
- 4.3 cu. ft. IEC Equivalent Capacity, stainless steel wash basket, dimensions: 43"H, 27"W, 26"D
- EcoConserve™ water saving feature, IntelliFill™ water fill sensor, MaxExtract™ spin
- PowerWash™ cycle, IntelliClean&trade, impeller, 2X Life Drive System
- Energy Star and CEE Tier III qualified
- 11 Wash cycles, 5 temperature settings, Allergen cycle, Extra Rinse option
- Advanced vibration control, QuietSound™ package
- Shatter-resistant glass window
- Automatic detergent, bleach and fabric softener dispensers, Wide lid opening with SmoothClose&trade hinge
- 10-Year limited warranty on motor and wash basket
Guide Review - Maytag Bravos X MVWX700 HE Washer Hands-On Review
While I was not able to run a load through Maytag's next generation of Bravos washers, I did ask questions, read up on its features and construction, and got up close and personal to this high-efficiency washer. Many homemakers would prefer to keep the top loading washing convenience, yet they want the green benefits of a high-efficiency washer, but this style of HE washer is limited to few brands in the marketplace. Maytag offers both with their Bravos line and this has always been their best feature. They've also managed to keep prices affordable.
With a 4.3 cu. ft. washing capacity, this machine can handle large wash loads, which is sufficient for most families. Maytag does have a 5.0 cu. ft. (MVWB850) if your needs are greater. Unlike front load washers that have no agitator, the Bravos washer has a low profile impeller, so there's no trying to stuff a large piece of laundry around a tall agitator, as with a traditional top load model.
There's also some pretty nice features that matter such as water level sensors so you can clean a comforter and know there's enough water in the tub to do the job; thorough rinsing - that's important with low water levels and a longer spin cycle to get the most water out, so drying time will be shorter. Besides the PowerWash cycle (handy), there's still a good variety of cycles and temperature choices including an Allergen cycle. And the stainless wash basket and commercial grade parts along with a long warranty, gives this washer a durable outlook.
Visit the manufacturer for more details and installation information.
The new Bravos companion dryer will be on the market October 2010.