It is also recommended that HE detergents be used in front-load and top-load high-efficiency washers. The following tips will help you with buying, using and caring for a high efficiency washer.
Making Buying Decisions:
Wondering which style of washer to buy? There are trade-offs with each type and significant price differences. Be informed before you make your buying decision to ensure you are satisfied with your purchase. Review my washer buying tips to learn about washer styles to choose the one that's right for you. You'll learn what washer cycles are a must and what features are available. When it comes color, you might want to give this some consideration. Colors can age an appliance but it can also brighten your laundry area.
- Before You Buy a Washer
- Before You Buy an All in One Washer Dryer Combo
- Buying Home Appliances - Should You Consider Color?
- What the Steam Feature on a Washer Does
- What is EnergyStar?
- Understanding the Yellow EnergyGuide Label
- What the CEE Tier Rating Means for Washers
- Laundry Appliance Reader Views
- Compare Prices of Front-Load Washers
- Compare Prices of Washers & Dryers
While it may sound like a marketing ploy, there are solid reasons for using only HE detergents in high-efficiency washers. And if you're wondering why manufacturers are concentrating detergents, you can read about the benefits of these 'green' initiatives. While they may be difficult to find, there are some HE detergents that are formulated especially for washing baby clothes.
- What is HE Laundry Detergent?
- Can I Use Regular Detergent in an HE Washer?
- Concentrated HE Detergents
- Does 2x Detergent Need to be Diluted?
- High Efficiency Washers & Detergents Guide by the SDA.
- Sources for HE Detergents for Baby's Clothes
Looks are not the only difference between traditional washers and high-efficiency machines. There's a considerable difference in washing operation and you can expect a high-efficiency washer to need more care. There may be a slight learning curve to work through with this new generation of washers. And protecting your washer, as well as your clothing is even more important with this new style of washing machine. I cannot emphasize enough, the importance of reading the manual if you have a high-efficiency washer. It will include unique maintenance and washer cleaning instructions, that is not typical to standard models but is crucial to keeping your new HE washer operating properly.
Because of design issues with most front load washers, many consumers have had mold issues within the washer, smelly towels and a bad odor in the washer. The only solution I've found, is to install a WasherFan at the back washer vent. This is a more permanent solution for washer mold and front load washer odor. Read my WasherFan review. Watch WasherFan Video on YouTube
- How a High Efficiency Washer Differs from a Traditional Washer
- Where to Put the He Detergent in an He Washer
- Laundry Mesh Bags Protect Your Clothing & Washer
- Controlling Suds When the Wrong Detergent is Used in an He Washer
- Reasons to Read Your Product Manual
- Caring for Your Front-load Washer & Preventing Mold Issues
- Solutions for Front-Load Washer Mold Problems
- Readers offer tips for preventing and resolving washer mold issues.
- Washer Mold - Smelly Washer Syndrome
Blog of September 2008 - Read how others are handling front-load washer mold and find tips on avoiding this problem.
- Appliance Parts & Repairs Resources
Washer Buying Tips
Dryer Buying Tips
Go to Main Laundry Appliance Page
Go to Home Page