The Bottom Line
- Nice curved handle shape with adequate length
- Easy to load
- Handy for quick clean-ups
- Two types of interchangeable pads
- Can hang handle from the toilet tank
- Flushables tend to break apart easily - use care when attaching
- The Fresh Brush™ Max Starter Kit comes with a durable 19" handle, storage hook and 2 disposable Max pads for $5.29
- Refills available for Fresh Brush: Disposable Max Heavy Duty Pad™ and Flushables™
- Fresh Brush wand has a curved shape for cleaning under toilet bowl rim
- Fresh Brush Max Heavy Duty Pads clean hard water, limescale, rust and more. They come in a refill pack of 8 for $4.39.
- Flushables™ have a light citrus fragrance and come in a refill pack of 12 for $4.39
- Do not use or mix these products with other cleaners
- Visit the S.C. Johnson Scrubbing Bubbles Fresh Brush Max site for more details
Guide Review - Scrubbing Bubbles® Fresh Brush™ Toilet Cleaning System
Flushables™ are softer pad refills with a foaming cleanser. These can be flushed, even if you have a septic system. They do tend to fall apart easily with handling, so use care when attaching as you need a full pad for a secure fit in the handle. After a few minutes of use, they start disintegrating which is not a bad thing really, since they're flushable and made for a quick clean-up only.
The Max Heavy Duty Pads™ are single-use, with abrasive fibers and Tough Stains formula for a longer cleaning. They work very well, actually faster than using cleaner and a brush. Just squeeze out excess water, release and toss the pad in the trash. Both refill pads are activated with water and have sufficient cleanser for their intended use.
I like the convenience of the Fresh Brush system, and being able to dispose of used cleaning pads. It certainly beats an old toilet brush hanging around the bathroom.