The Bottom Line
- Frontloading design with optional pedestal drawer
- Energy Star qualified
- 3.8 cu ft large load capacity
- 8 wash cycles, including delicate cycle
- Stainless steel tub
- No pre-soak feature
- less features than comparable models
- Energy Star ® qualified which means it will be low cost to operate.
- Stainless steel large 3.8 capacity wash tub.
- 8 Wash Cycles, including a delicate cycle, and 3 water temperature settings.
- An optional pedestal drawer base can be purchased.
- Detergent, bleach and fabric softener dispenser.
- Programmable timer to delay operation.
- 1 year warranty.
Guide Review - Whirlpool Duet GHW9150PW Frontloading Washer
It has great cleaning power to deliver a clean washing, with ample capacity for loads of up to 16 pairs of jeans. It even has a special feature to interrupt the wash cycle to add other items.
Although it's quiet to operate, you can preset the timer for it to run later, as it's fully programmable. It has 8 wash cycles with 3 water temperature settings.
Care should be taken when washing small items like socks - these should be placed in a mesh bag. Small items can become trapped in the washer screen and hamper its operation. This could require a service call to remove and clean the screen.
And best of all, being a frontloader, it's gentler on your clothes, keeping them looking better longer.