The Bottom Line
- Beautiful exterior finish
- 6 Qt is a very handy size for large meals and the oval shape is nice
- Keep warm setting is very convenient
- Easy to set the programmable settings
- Cooks very well and fast
- Black interior finish shows wear or staining immediately
- 6 Qt Rival Smart-Pot™ Oval Crock Pot®
- Easy to use programmable time and temperature settings for Low, High and Warm
- Warm setting starts automatically when cooking is finished, or can be set.
- Suregrip&trade handles stay cool
- Beautiful black and stainless steel exterior finish
- Removable stoneware insert with black finish is dishwasher, oven-proof and microwave safe
- Sized for meals for 5-6 people
- Glass Lid with comfortable easy-to-grip handle
- Rinse-Clean™ Lifetime Stick-Resistant Coating for easy maintenance
- Dishwasher Safe Glass Lid and Stoneware
Guide Review - Rival® 6 Qt Programmable Smart-Pot™ Slow Cooker Model 38601C
This Slow Cooker cooks very well and it does generate a fair amount of heat. You should always use a cutting board or protective pad under it. The stoneware insert is easily removed and cleaned. However, the black Rinse-Clean interior quickly sustained worn or faded stains in the finish. Abrasive cleaners should not be used as this can damage the ceramic insert. The manufacturer recommends a non-abrasive cleaner such as Bon Ami Polishing Cleanser or vinegar to remove water spots or staining. This will be investigated and an update will be provided to this review. The stoneware insert and lid did wash well in the dishwasher as easily as by hand.
Overall, except for the fading or staining from foods to the black interior finish, the Smart-Pot does perform well and has very convenient features. Rival Smart-Pots are also available in white finish, which would reduce the risk of unsightly staining.