What You Need to Cool or Heat Your Home
Cooling Your Home
There are several types of cooling products on the market including air conditioners and whole home coolers. Circulating fans including ceiling fans, though not really cooling appliances are very popular and affordable products to keep the air moving and make a room more comfortable. You'll also find some buying and care tips for your cooling systems, to keep them working as they should.
- Types of Coolers and Circulators
- Air Conditioner Buying Tips
- Air Conditioner Reviews
- Air Circulating Fans Reviews
- AC Refrigerants Are Changing
- Appliance Filter Replacements
- Proper Ceiling Fan Rotation
- What the CADR Rate Means
- What the Energy Efficiency Ratio Means
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Kitchen Cool
- Cheap Ways to Beat the Heat
- How to Clean a Ceiling Fan - Video
- How to Install a Window AC - Video
Heating Your Home
There are various ways and systems to heat your home and your choice of options will most likely be based on whether you own your home or rent an apartment. There will also be budget considerations. Learn about the different types of heating, what features are best and what resources are available. If you intend on heating with wood, there are things to consider when buying a heat stove as well as important safety information.
- How to Keep Out Drafts
- Convection vs Radiant Heaters
- Changing Furnace Filters Regularly
- Portable Infrared Heaters 101
Energy Conservation Tips
Energy costs take a large portion of a family's budget, but there are simple steps you can take to save energy and keep some of those dollars in your pocket. Energy saving tips include year round tips whether you're cooling or heating and how you can save energy while enjoying your appliances.