The Bottom Line
- Makes a great smoothie or iced drink
- Wave action pulls foods down to blade assembly
- Small footprint
- Dispensing is great when making drinks for several people
- Great price and warranty
- Blender base is light and made of plastic
- Wave-Action™ system continuously blends and crushes
- 48 oz capacity durable DuraBlend™ plastic jar, dishwasher safe, break resistant, lightweight
- 500 Watts of power
- Dispensing spout with a convenient spout cap
- Patented stainless steel Ice Sabre™ blades
- 4 Speeds plus Pulse setting
- 3 Year Warranty
Guide Review - Hamilton Beach Wave Station Express Blender
Power performance seems adequate especially to crush ice, and the Wave-Action™ helps to bring the contents to the stainless steel blades. There is no hesitation, foods do not become clogged in this blender, but keep moving. Ice is fully crushed.
Blending performance is good and 4 speeds plus Pulse includes settings for Shake and Smoothie - handy and sufficient for most needs. The whole unit takes little room on the counter. There is a cap to close off the dispensing feature when not in use. Level markings on the jar are a convenient feature.
The blender is easy to maintain and to take apart for cleaning. Warranty period of 3 years is outstanding.
The Wave Station Blender is sold under different model numbers, jar capacities and speed settings. The model reviewed was the 54616C which is similar to the 54614 model shown in the image. Both models have the same features and capacity, but the 54616C model is black and grey.