- Cuisinart Smart Stick® Hand Blender comes with whisk, chopper/grinder attachment and 16 ounce mixing/measuring beaker
- Black and brushed stainless finish, stainless steel shaft and comfort grip handle
- 200 Watts of power for blending, chopping, grinding
- Reversible blade
- Blend, mix, chop, pureé, grind or whip
- Detachable parts are dishwasher safe
- Measuring beaker has markings and is dishwasher safe
- Limited 3 year warranty
How SmartStick Performed
It has sufficient power for all functions tested and in some cases, only required pulsing a few seconds to blend smoothies, sauces, pureé soups, make crumbs and to chop vegetables. The SmartStick has a simple one-button operation that is adequate for all tasks. For pulsing, simply give it short bursts of power. It's not designed to crush ice, but it does nicely blend a smoothie or other frosty drink if you use shaved ice.
The chopper/grinder accessory adds a lot of function to this hand blender. The stainless steel shaft/foot removes easily and the handle attaches quickly to the 2-cup chopper accessory to chop onions, nuts and other vegetables. I especially love the whisk attachment, it whipped heavy cream faster than my hand mixer. Chopping was very consistent and uniform in size. The blade is reversible to a blunt side for processing hard spices.
This hand blender comes apart easily for cleaning. Although some removable parts are dishwasher-safe, the lid/cover of the chopper is not. It should not be immersed in water and requires handwashing.
The product manual includes lots of tips on what to use the hand blender and chopper for, as well as several recipes. At around $50 retail, the SmartStick is extremely good value for the price. It also has an impressive 3 year limited warranty.