The Bottom Line
- Very effective in the house and in the car
- Comfortable handle
- Can vacuum sheets to extend life
- Much cheaper to use than a lint roller
- Not good for satin or 100% polyester materials - can snag; cause runs
- Microtrap™ grippers trap pet hair and dander
- Works on most home fabrics and upholstery, and in the car
- Functional in all directions
- Large surface area to trap the hair
- Contoured ergonomic grip handle
- Angled tip to easily get into corners and edges of upholstery and cushions
- Easy to store
Starter Kit includes handle and five sheets: $9.99
Refill Pack of 8 sheets: $4.99
- Available starting in April 2008 where 3M® and Scotch™ brands are sold.
Guide Review - Scotch Fur Fighter Pet Hair Remover
The Fur Fighter Pet Hair Remover is ridiculously easy to change, completely idiot-proof. The sheets are held securely in place with a velcro-type material that keeps them from slipping. The tool shouldn't get clogged with hair. But to be safe, keep it loaded with a sheet. The handle has a very comfortable contoured shape that fits nicely in the hand. You can swipe the tool in any direction - a very nice feature.
One sheet lasts a long time and may not need to be replaced for a few weeks. Unfortunately, you can't just rinse off the sheets, but you can vacuum most of the hair out of it to extend their lifespan. The starter kit comes with 5 sheets and since a refill package of 8 sheets costs only $4.99, the Fur Fighter is much cheaper to use than a lint roller which usually lasts only a week. A great product and she'll add it to her list of 'must-haves' for dog owners.