It's much easier to prepare a holiday dinner if your kitchen, refrigerator and freezer are organized and ready for action. These tips will help you prepare your kitchen in just a few minutes over the next three days:
- Re-organize your freezer space, discarding foods that show signs of freezer burn. Place food items that you'll need up front and center. If it hasn't been defrosted in awhile, you can improve efficiency and possibly gain space by taking time to defrost and clean it.
- Refresh ice cube trays.
- Place your plastic food wrap in a hanging dispenser to make it more convenient - read E-zeeWrap Review.
- Wash your china or festive tableware.
- Clean your oven to ensure safe cooking. If you'll be using a foil roasting pan, check these Tips on Using a Foil Roaster.
- Re-organize and clean your refrigerator, removing spoiled foods and take stock of what perishables you need to buy.
- Clean and organize your kitchen tool drawer and cutlery tray.
- Store seasonal gadgets that are overflowing your kitchen drawers. It will help you be more efficient as you get the table ready and prepare meals.
- Gather your turkey tools and other serving utensils.
- De-clutter the counter area, keeping only appliances and tools that you'll need. This will give you much-needed workspace for meal preparations.
- Wipe and dry the exterior of all your appliances.
- Fill salt and pepper shakers and the sugar bowl.
- Freshen table linens if they haven't been used in awhile.
- Guest Essentials That Matter
- If time allows you'll find more helpful hints in my Holiday Readiness Tips
- Finish shopping for gifts to reduce stress later, so you can concentrate better on holiday meals
Photo © Mifflin