This is a very common question with some favoring freezer storage for coffee, rather than keeping it in the cupboard. When you ask them why, most cannot tell you the reason, except to say that they assume it keeps coffee fresher in the freezer. That works for food but with coffee, there's a lot more to consider.
Before you reach for the door to store your favorite java blend in the fridge freezer, take a minute to read Lindsey Goodwin - About's Guide to Coffee & Tea, for an expert's view on this debate in her Should I Store Coffee in the Freezer?
Lindsey also has some very interesting articles you may want to check out:
- How to Store Coffee
- Information on Roasting and Grinding Coffee
- For the Espresso Lover: Espresso Machine Reviews
- For the Tea Lover: How to Brew Tea - Water Temperatures
- You may also want to check out: Iced Coffee Recipes and her Best Iced Tea Recipes
And, from Housewares:
- Coffee Maker Feature to Look for to Pour Without Dripping
- How to Buy a Single Serve Brewer
- Coffee Makers: Should You Splurge or Save?
Photo © Mifflin