I know you're very busy right now with the holidays looming, but home safety is extremely important and just a few minutes of attention might make a difference downstream. If you haven't given any thought to CO detectors, you should if you burn wood or any type of fuel for heating home or water. And smoke alarms are a must! How many you need depends on your home's layout and your local fire regulations.
Another safety topic we don't often talk about is appliance safety. Keeping the dryer lint filter clean, as well as the exterior vent clear is important to reduce hazards. And what about all the cleaners you keep around the house, shop or garage? Do you know that important emergency information is available for such products?
Be proactive to ensure you and your family are safe this holiday season. Read these safety related articles, take a safety tour of your home, teach the family a fire escape plan, water the tree often to keep it from drying out, change your smoke alarm batteries and enjoy this special time with family and friends.
- Carbon Monoxide Detector - Do You Need One?
- Tips on Using Your Appliance Safely
- Heating With Wood - What You Should Know
- Buy Only Safe Appliances and Products
- Child-Proof Your Cabinets and How to Install One
- Keep the Dryer Vent Clear
- Use Candles Safely
- Do You Have a Disaster Kit?
- Having a Fondue? Tips for Safe Dinner
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Smoke Alarms and How to Install One